Last Update: March 03, 2020
- website accessibility
- the availability of our website
- what you are allowed to do
- what you are not allowed to do
- how we collect and use personal data
- the intellectual property rights of our website
- the intellectual property rights of user content
- the legal rights affecting external links on our website
- the disclaimers and limitation on liability
- when we may deactivate or terminate an account
To access and use our website, it is your responsibility to ensure that your device meets all the necessary technical specifications that are compatible with our website. We may restrict access to certain features, parts or content of website to certain users. For example, we may restrict access to certain content for only users that have a registered account with us.
The availability of our website
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of our website. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the website, or any features, parts or content of the website.
What you are allowed to do
You must only use our website and anything available from our website for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
What you are not allowed to do
- store pages of our website on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the pages of our website.
- remove or change any content of our website or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of our website or the servers on which it is hosted.
- you may not create misleading or deceptive links to our website from any other website, nor may you imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, nor may you link our website to a website that contains any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
- interfere or attempt to interfere in any manner with the functionality or proper working of our website.
- interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of our website or third-party data stored or processed with our website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website or their related systems or networks, including through denial of service, fuzzing or similar attacks.
- upload to our website or use our website to store or transmit any sort of malware, computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data.
- upload to our website or use our website to store or transmit material in violation of any third-party privacy or data protection rights.
- use our website to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of our website.
- use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple Accounts on our website, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) our website (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from our website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
How we collect and use personal data
The intellectual property rights of our website
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights of all content on our website including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, copyrights, trademarks and logos are owned by Scaled Access or our licensors. See the next section regarding (“the intellectual property rights of user content”) the intellectual property rights of content provided by users.
The intellectual property rights of user content
User content (“User Content”) means any information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, our website (e.g., content in the user’s profile or postings). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not and will not violate the restrictions in the section (“what you are not allowed to do”). You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Scaled Access. Scaled Access is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
You hereby grant (and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) Scaled Access an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully-paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, in connection with our website through any medium, whether alone or in combination with other content or materials, in any manner and by any means, method or technology, whether now known or hereafter created. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
The legal rights affecting external links on our website
Our website may include links to external websites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. Scaled Access is not responsible for the content of these websites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external websites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Disclaimers and limitation on liability
We may change the format and content of the website from time to time. You agree that your use of the website is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on our website (other than any User Content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
WE MAKE OR GIVE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, INTEGRITY, QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ORIGINALITY OF ANY CONTENT OF OUR WEBSITE AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF ANY KIND ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE USING OUR WEBSITE OR RELYING ON ANY OF ITS CONTENT.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of our website will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
When we may deactivate or terminate an account